For more than 30 years, Williams Adley has provided expert accounting, auditing and consulting services to a growing number of federal and state and local government agencies. Our dedication to operating with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and transparency means we frequently go beyond the typical “vendor/client” relationship, becoming trusted advisors to our clients.
General Position Description
The Manager is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of financial statement audits,
including, overseeing the development of detailed work plans, monitoring the progress of the audit,
overseeing the drafting of reports, providing outstanding service to the client and maintaining constant
communication with their team. Managers are integrally involved in informing clients of the project
status and in the submission of the deliverables.
The following are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities
required to lead in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, training and share knowledge with team members
- Review working papers, financial statements and reports for accuracy, completeness, compliance, and detail
- Ensure that engagements are carried out and completed within specified deadline and on budget
- Monitor the progress of the engagement and help resolve accounting, auditing, and reporting problems as needed
- Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement
- Brief the engagement team on the client's environment and industry trends
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Assist in the creation of proposals and other new business development efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- CPA required, CGFM, CDFM, or Certified Internal Auditor desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant federal auditing experience including Comptroller, or CFO with supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years prior federal financial statement preparation, compilation or audit, federal financial auditing experience
- Familiarity with the CFO Act, ATDA, PAR, AFR, MD&A, FMFIA, FFMIA, FASAB
- Familiarity with GAO Yellow Book, Green Book, FAM
- Familiarity with OMB circulars A-11, A-123, Code of Federal Regulations, OMB audit bulletin
- Familiarity with Government Auditing Standards, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- At least 3 years of past experience with federal budgetary accounting, USSGL, Office of Inspector General
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate or better knowledge of computer skills using Oracle Government Financial software, PeopleSoft Government Financial software, National Finance Center desirable
- Skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and automated work paper software
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines Able to perform work which requires attention to detail, analytical ability, and organization
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- U.S Government Clearance and U.S. Citizenship required
Office setting that requires extensive computer usage, sitting, and excellent business communication.
Benefits and Perks
- Travel Globally. Associates participate on projects that can take them all over the world.
- Workplace Flexibility. Williams Adley knows that work doesn't have to be completed in the office to be done well, so we honor an anytime, anywhere work schedule.
- Career Control. Take control of your career and its trajectory. Get direct partner access and have a hand in the success of the company, while reaping the benefits of that success.
- Community Involvement. We give back our time, talent, and treasures by assisting in programs across the DC area to organizations our employees care about.